(South Gate, Stockton & Salida)
Affiliations and memberships that strengthen the College and its quality
Advanced College holds accreditation through the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
The Accrediting Commission of the COE is listed by the United States Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency. The Secretary of Education is required by law to publish a list of nationally recognized accrediting agencies that the Secretary determines to be reliable authorities as to the quality of education provided by the institutions of higher education.
Commission of International and Trans-Regional Accreditation (CITA)
CITA is the most rapidly growing accrediting agency in the world. It was created in 1996 by five USA regional associations which accredit schools and universities. In 2005, COE was invited to join CITA. As a result, all COE institutions are also CITA members.
Advanced College Is Also:
- Licensed to operate by Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) www.bppe.ca.gov
- Approved by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Approved by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT)
- Approved by Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
- Approved by Veteran’s Educational Assistance (VA)
- Approved by State Department of Rehabilitation and Private Vocational Rehabilitation